- Pair of Leg Warmers
- 97% polyester, 3% spandex doubleknit fabric
- Short-sleeved shirtwaist dress has off-center front buttons, zipper in right side seam, belt loops at waist
- Embroidered patches sewn to bodice front & left sleeve
- Red canvas ball cap has embroidered "R" patch on front, hook & loop fastener size-adjustment band in back
- Red knit leg warmers have elastic band in top & bottom edges
- Red faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Columbia pictures officially licensed, exclusive
- NOTE: color may vary from photo
|2X||Dress Length||35 1/2"||90cm|
|3X||Sleeve Length||9 1/2"||24cm|
|4X||Sleeve Length||9 1/2"||24cm|
|4X||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
Geena Davis brought Dottie Hinson to life in the Columbia Pictures movie A League of Their Own about a women’s baseball team. The movie featured the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League the Rockford Peaches. Dottie played team’s catcher.
We have to warn you––inhabiting Dottie’s character isn’t likely to bring you into proximity with movie teammates Madonna and Rosie O’Donnell, movie husband and soldier Bill Pullman, or movie coach Tom Hanks. Darn it! But inhabiting Dottie might just further embolden your inner Sporty Spice or Gloria Steinem. The real-life Dottie and screen character were pioneering women in sports in the early 1940s during World War II.
In case you haven’t seen the film and care about the plot, Dottie faces her sister Kit Keller, pitcher for the Racine Belles, in the World Series. Kit scores the winning run of the seventh game and the series by plowing into Dottie at home plate, dislodging the ball from her hand. The sisters, who had been estranged, reconcile after the game, and Dottie rides off into the sunset, retired from the sport, with her husband Bob.
Dottie’s costume features a polyester dress (yes, these sporty pioneers had to wear dresses while fielding grounders and sliding into home plate, no doubt resulting in many a strawberry on the gams) with a button-up front panel and side zipper. You can cinch the waist with a red belt. The red cap is hook & loop fastener adjustable. Your legs will be protected by red leg warmers with elastic bands at each end. This go-getter costume is officially licensed by Columbia pictures. Grab a bat or catcher’s mitt to complete the look.
There are no questions for this item yet. Be the first to ask a question!
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!Write A Review