- Jacket w/ Attached Capelets
- Pair of Gloves
- Cross Necklace
- Main body, hat lining, belt, & mask lining: 100% polyester; hat: 95% polyester, 5% spandex; mask: 90% polyester, 8% cotton, 2% rayon
- Gabardine jacket has antique-gold-tone buttons at center front
- Jacket has 2nd column of buttons for double-breasted look
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back, threads through loops at waist of jacket
- Balaclava-style hood covers head & neck, leaves face exposed
- Foam-backed faux leather mask has elastic band around back of head
- Mask has mesh-covered eye openings, will restrict vision
- Forearm-length faux leather gloves
- Foam-backed faux leather hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Gold-tone metal cross hangs on cord necklace
- Staff and lantern shown in photo are each sold separately
- Exclusively made by us!
|X-Small||Belt Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|Small||Sleeve Length||16 1/2"||42cm|
|Small||Jacket Length||45 1/2"||116cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||21 1/4"||54cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||50 1/2"||128cm|
|Large||Belt Length||31 1/2"||80cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||22 1/4"||57cm|
|X-Large||Belt Length||32 1/2"||83cm|
|2XL||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|2XL||Belt Length||33 1/2"||85cm|
Bring Out Your Dead!
Out of all the boogeymen, it wouldn't surprise us one bit to learn that the people of the Middle Ages feared the plague doctor most of all (although the Grim Reaper might come in a close second since they were basically the same thing). The doctor only showed up when you knew things weren't looking good for you. He'd prescribe a disgusting-sounding cure (mixture of crushed toad and pearl, anyone?) and charge a lot of money. Then he'd come back in a few days to find that - surprise! - his patient didn't do so well on that diet of boiled urine (no, really!) and that the guy had died. Oh well. Hopefully soap gets invented in the next century or so!
Roam the plague-ridden streets of Europe in this exclusive Kids Classic Plague Doctor Costume! The long, black, floor-length jacket is decorated impressively with two rows of brass-colored buttons and belted in the middle with a thick faux leather belt. A antique-gold-colored cross chain slips around your neck to show that you are on an errand of healing. A balaclava-style hood covers your neck and head, and the white foam mask with its eerie birdlike beak hids the rest of your face. Yep, you'll definitely reassure your patient in a getup like this!
The Doctor Will See You Now
What else is in your Medieval medicine bag of tricks? Horehound for a cough? That actually works pretty well nowadays - great! What's next? Mashed and boiled owl for the gout. Ok....a dead mole worn on the head to cure a headache? Let's see this guy's medical diploma!
Follow us @FunDotCom_ and tag us with #yesfundotcom for a chance to have your fun-of-a-kind photo featured here.
I would recommend the adult version Classic Plague Doctor costume for adults (XS) instead of the kids version. Another great option too would be to look at the costume sizing yips page.