We're number one in having fun.
Sometimes the stuff that’s available out there just isn’t good enough. That when you’ve got to go all DIY and make it yourself! That’s why we’ve got a Product Development department.
Our Costume Designers sketch and design high quality, fashion-forward costumes at competitive prices that make us a cut above the rest of our competition.
After things get designed and sampled, that’s when our Development Specialists spring into action with their “stitch this, cut here, glue that, hem there, lose those and fix everything else,” critiques to help further improve our costumes before they go into final manufacturing. After our pieces get finished, it’s our Product Development team’s job to make sure they get back to the US with as little difficulty as possible by ensuring everything passes the regulatory muster.
Available Jobs in Product Development
The following positions are accepting résumés for immediate hire.
Fun.com, the home of HalloweenCostumes.com and FUNwear apparel, is looking for a detail oriented and driven person ready to begin their career in the world of product development. We’ve got new costumes, FUNwear and more to order from suppliers and ensure they get delivered. We want you to be involved in the process!
We need someone to help with the logistics and communications side of product development. The ideal candidate for the Assistant Production Planner must be capable of juggling several different projects at once, can communicate effectively across cultural and language barriers [specific foreign language skills are not a requirement for this position] and be able to accept and process feedback from multiple sources, both internal and external, pertaining to the development of our products.
If you think that you can successfully combine high levels of detail and organization, possess an adaptive communication style and have a flair for the creative, we want you to apply!
This position is located at our North Mankato, Minnesota headquarters.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create purchase order submissions for reorders of product
- Develop and nurture relationships with manufacturers
- Verify purchase orders against order confirmations and invoices
- Work with manufactures to ensure shipments leave factories on time per stated ship dates
- Gather ETAs and track container plans for shipments
- Update item number changes from purchasing
- Manage size charts, re-quote lists and product priority lists for manufacturers
- Maintain resource library and UPCs
- Help developers with new purchase order submissions
- Assist with product photoshoot prep such as measuring samples and bagging items for shoots
- Create and update data sheets
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Fantastic organizational abilities
- A keen eye for miniscule details
- Can successfully adapt communication style depending on the audience and channel
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Previous experience executing projects
- Extremely proficient with Excel, like brain wizard level skills
- Previous experience in internal and external communication
- Basic knowledge of working with various types of fabric
Wage - Depends on Qualifications
Fun.com has various contract positions available from time to time.
We at Fun.com are constantly designing more new and exciting costumes for HalloweenCostumes.com. After we’ve come up with some initial designs and concepts, we have to create samples prior to putting them into production – and that’s where you come in!
Fun.com is looking for somebody with a fantastic imagination to work on a contract basis sewing all sorts of costumes for people of every age, every shape and every style that we can think of.
Here’s how it works: we give you a sketch and some fabric, you make us a costume, and we give you money. That sounds pretty good, right?
If you’re somebody with great sewing ability, the ability to create something from nothing, a passion for fashion and a love of Halloween, we want to see your portfolio of creations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sew and serge costumes of various sizes (men’s, women’s, children’s and maybe even a dog or two!) based on supplied sketches, fabrics and tech packs for use as a sample for mass production
- Create master patterns for a range of garment sizes
- Develop and revise size charts
- Take direction and creative criticism to refine samples incorporating feedback
- Sewing and pattern making capabilities
- Experience working with multiple different fabrics and knowledge of fit and feel, from fur to lace.
- Ability to create garments based off tech packs and technical drawings
- Previous experience and examples of designing garments from sketches
- Possess the ability to problem solve in order to revise and correct samples
- Creativity, imagination and problem solving ability
- Fantastic eye for minute details
- Certificate, Associate’s degree or higher in Costume Design, Fashion Design, Visual Art, or similar discipline or equivalent experience
Wage - Depends of Qualifications
Attach a link to your online portfolio or send an attached .pdf file along with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com