Secretly keeping the place together.
HR is truly the heart, soul and, in our case, the stomach of Fun.com.
Don’t make them get out the durian again. Seriously. Please don’t. Being a company that prides itself on being people-oriented, it is up to our HR team to ensure that everybody who works with us enjoys their job and is given the opportunity to thrive.
Our Human Resources team helps with finding the best people for the company, handling any concerns that our employees and managers have, making sure that our benefits are among some of the best in the business and keeping the nerdy, goofy fun flowing. This means that our HR team differs a lot from those found in other companies because they’re not just the fun police here to crush your spirit in the name of efficiency.
Available Jobs in Human Resources
The following positions are accepting résumés for immediate hire.
Fun.com is looking for a permanent Human Resources Representative to help out in a generalist capacity. Our HR Reps have huge jobs in front of them every year. In addition to developing and implementing plans to recruit over 2,000 temporary employees to our single North Mankato location each fall our HR Representatives ensure that all day to day HR needs for our 200 permanent staff members are met throughout the year. This means that an HR Representative will also help out with permanent employee recruiting and interviewing, employee recognition and retention, ensure regulatory compliance, help with benefits administration and all the other odds and ends that come with HR.
In addition, anybody who joins the team must be able to confidently walk that tightrope between being a stickler and being permissive. We have a fun, goofy culture around here and want to make sure that’s encouraged. We don’t want to be the HR department that everybody hates – a shockingly common occurrence. This means that our desired candidate has to be tactful, friendly, approachable and unflappable in all situations even when it’s awkward. And in HR that happens a lot.
All in all, this position requires a lot of planning and attention to detail plus a great personality in order to be truly effective in this role. We would like to think that you, yes you, the person reading this, has those qualities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and create new employee files
- Review applications, schedule and conduct interviews for permanent and select temporary positions
- Attend recruiting events throughout the year
- Post positions to job boards
- Assist with employee relations concerns, including disciplinary issues, investigations and terminations
- Assist with employee onboarding procedures
- Work towards continual improvement of employee engagement in both seasonal and permanent staff
- Administer employee benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability and 401K
- Ensure FMLA, ERISA, ADA, EEOC, etc. compliance
- Input employee information and changes into HRIS and proprietary software
- Maintain an HR presence in various company spanning teams such as: safety committee, emergency response team, employee engagement committee
- Help develop HR policies in accordance with business need
- Update employee handbooks and management wiki to reflect changes in policies and procedures
- Research best practices in the field in regards to performance management, recruitment, retention, development, recognition, safety, etc.
- Work with HR team to develop and execute strategies to recruit and hire 2,000 temporary staff each year
- Complete unemployment claims, employment verifications, etc. as they arrive
- Fix employee time clock errors and prep system for payroll processing
- Schedule, organize and conduct mass orientations and building tours for new seasonal employees
- Supervise and mentor Temp HR Assistants and Interns during busy season
- Serve as contact point for HR questions and employee needs
- Implement progressive HR policies designed to create an inclusive workplace environment reflective of company core values
- Other duties as assigned
- Superlative organization skills
- Excellent computer skills, including intermediate Excel capabilities to work through large amounts of data
- Gooderer communicationizing skills than this bullet point
- Basic knowledge of various employment laws and best practices
- Possess meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to switch priorities at a moment’s notice
- Ability to work independently on large and small projects without the need for follow-up
- Ability to make sound judgement calls quickly, confidently and decisively
- Some evening and weekend availability as needed for recruiting efforts and during our busy season
- B.A. or B.S. in Management, Human Resources, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Sociology or similar fields or a high school diploma plus equivalent relevant work experience
- Previous experience working in a Customer Service oriented field
- 3+ years’ experience training, recruiting, supervising and/or managing employees
- 2+ years’ of direct HR experience
- Familiarity with HRIS software platforms, preferably Paycom and ADP
- Previous benefits administration experience
Wage - Depends on qualifications