Fun.com has various positions available from time to time.
All of us at Fun.com specialize in dreaming up costumes and bringing them to life! From brainstorming to the creation of next year’s biggest hit costume, we do it all! And right now, we’re looking for an on-call makeup artist to bring our costumes to life!
As an on-call makeup artist, you will work with our Multimedia team in our onsite studio to complete the look for our costumes. That’s right, we are looking for someone skilled in everything from zombie makeup to beauty makeup for a princess costume. If you have experience applying and removing character and/or beauty makeup and are regularly available for short periods of time during normal office hours [Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 5:00 pm] then we want to see what you got! No need to bring your own supplies. We have a fully stocked beauty bar – the beauty bar of your dreams!
Do you obsessively watch online makeup tutorials? Do you call yourself a beauty guru? Looking for a way to exercise your makeup creativity? You may be exactly what we’re looking for!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Skill Sets
- Apply a variety of makeup looks on talent; including men, women and children. Don’t worry, we don’t require any makeup for pet costumes! That’s really not a thing anyway...hopefully. Although maybe you can be the first?
- Create dramatic character and theatrical makeup using mostly water based face paints. Some old age and injury looks are required using extreme highlight/shadow with occasional FX makeup
- Create basic beauty makeup looks for photo shoots
- Removing special FX makeup from talent at the end of photo shoots
- Prep supplies for makeup application and maintain an organized and clean work area
- Clean makeup kits, makeup bins and makeup counter after each photo shoot
- Alter and maintain makeup during photo sessions as needed
- Creativity, imagination and problem solving ability
- Must be able to apply makeup quickly and accurately. Average application time for beauty makeup must be completed between 10-15 minutes per look. Character makeup is given 30 minutes per look
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience with dramatic character, theatrical, facepaint and special FX makeup
- Knowledge of special FX makeup applications, including creating a build up from scratch without the use of a prosthetic
- Comfortability working with a variety of people of all ages
- Ability to work efficiently in fast paced environments under pressure
- Advanced knowledge of makeup hygiene practices to follow before and after applying makeup
- Working knowledge of how to use with latex, adhesives and adhesive removers
- Must have flexible daytime availability as photo shoots are typically during office hours
Wage - $25/hr
Please send your resume, cover letter and samples of previous work to: email@example.com
Hard copy photos as well as presentations of your work are also acceptable.
We are currently looking for male and female models in the following sizes for our Halloween costume line: toddler, child, adult, and plus size. If you are outgoing and photogenic, please fill out an application and attach a head shot and full-body shot.
Wage - $25.00 / hr
Click here to fill out an application.
Fun.com Benefits & Perks
Many benefits begin on the first day of your job, when the real fun begins. At Fun.com, we enjoy a unique culture that is driven, challenged and passionate about what we do. We work hard and play hard.
Some of the perks that come with a work hard, play hard culture include:
Open Vacation Policy: We trust our employees to get done what they need to, and to take the vacation time they need. This doesn't mean you can take 6 months off, but it does mean you get the vacation time you deserve.
Open Sick Leave Policy: Please stay home if you have whatever nasty plague is going around. Nobody wants to be covered in your mucus.
Full-time Hourly Employees
Accrued PTO: Based on hours of service. Starts at 2 weeks in the first year and increases every year thereafter. 5th year is 4 weeks, 10th year is 4 1/2 weeks.
Floating Personal Holidays: Don't want to use PTO for a day off? That's cool. You get to have up to two personal holidays per year (depending on hire date) that you may use at any time provided you ask for that time off in advance.
All Full-Time Employees
Health Insurance: We have three different options for health care coverage for Fun.com employees: a traditional $500 deductible plan, a traditional $1,000 deductible plan and a $3,000 HDHP plan. Fun.com will pay 100% of the employee premium for the individual $1,000 deductible plan! Any additional cost for a family plan or for the other insurance offerings can be taken out of an employee check on a pretax basis.
Employee Discount: 50% off retail prices of costumes, t-shirts, toys and suits.
Paid Parental Leave: Fun.com offers an additional six weeks worth of paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child.
Paid Holidays: We're closed six days a year [New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas]. After you complete your probationary period, you don't have to come to work on those days AND we'll still pay you for it!
401(k) Plan: Every June and December, all permanent Fun.com employees are eligible to enroll in the company-sponsored 401(k) plan. The plan has a 50% match of up to 3% of your total salary/wages.
Short and Long Term Disability: All full-time employees have the option to purchase short and long term disability benefits to cover up to 60% of lost wages in the event of an injury or illness that prevents and employee from working for an elongated period of time.
Life Insurance: Fun.com offers its employees the ability to purchase life insurance for themselves, dependents and partners, $100,000 of which is a guaranteed issuance for employees and up to $10,000 guaranteed issuance for partners and dependents.
Funeral Leave: Upon completion of a probationary period, all full-time employees are eligible for three days of leave for mourning the loss of a loved one.
Paid Jury Duty: Upon completion of a probationary period, all full-time employees are eligible for three days of paid leave per term of jury service to participate in this civic process.
Personal Development Budget: You get $100 per year to spend on things to make you a better, more skilled employee!
Free Cappuccino and Tea: It's powder and water, but it works!
We hope to see you join our team. What fun will you bring?