GiftsMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
DC Comics GiftsMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Batman v Superman Gifts
Plus Size Deluxe Dawn of Justice Men's Batman Costume
This officially licensed Plus Size Deluxe Dawn of Justice Batman Costume looks just like the one Ben Affleck wore as the Dark Knight in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Itself based on the Batsuit from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, this version of the Caped Crusader’s usual getup is heavily-padded to protect Gotham’s resident rooftop vigilante from all kinds of harm, and features more somber tones than the classic blue-and-gray Adam West getup. First revealed to the world in a black and white photo of Affleck staring at the ground seemingly lost in self-reflection posted to social media by Zack Snyder, this version of the World’s Greatest Detective was initially known as “emo Batman.” If you’d like to stage your own moody Batman photoshoot, replete with shafts of dramatic light and a choice Instragram filter, this Plus Size Deluxe Dawn of Justice Batman Costume will do just the trick.
This is no happy-go-lucky Dark Knight, galavanting about the rooftops with the Boy Wonder, paling around with his super-best friend from Krypton, or retiring from crime-fighting to a well-deserved life of lesiure with Selina Kyle in Parisian cafés. This is an older, angrier Batman, who makes Kryptonite grenades and uses guns. Robin’s dead, apparently. Who knows where Catwoman got off to. What’s an old Bat to do when left to his own devices? Well, eventually, he makes some new friends. Not before almost killing one of them (good things their moms had the same name!), but soon enough to stop Doomsday from destroying the conveniently-adjacent cities of Metropolis and Gotham.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the armored Batsuit Bruce uses to fight Superman, or the cool desert duster and goggles he’s wearing in his nightmare of a Superman-ruled dystopia. It’s just the regular old Batsuit, and, full disclosure, it’s more polyester and polyurethane than kevlar and titanium tri-weave. But as long as you don’t go taking any bullets or jumping from any rooftops, it should get the job done of convincing the world you’re the Dark Knight.
- 100% polyester fabric and fiberfill, 100% polyurethane foam
- Shirt fastens w/ Velcro at back of neck, has attached foam gauntlets on sleeves
- Soft-sculpted fiberfill padding in chest and shoulders gives muscular look
- Shirt has printed utility belt above hemline; foam belt in photo is sold separately
- Pants have elastic waistband, attached foam boot tops w/ elastic bands under foot
- Cape fastens to shirt w/ Velcro strips on top of shoulders
- Molded latex mask covers top of head & upper half of face; elastic & Velcro security band
- Officially licensed
- Shirt w/ Attached Gauntlets
- Pants w/ Attached Boot Tops
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!