Someone's gotta steer the ship.
“Okay everybody, let’s go over our plans, get on the same page and get everything moving. Again.”
- Every Project Manager Ever (Probably)
In every major project, there needs to be somebody in charge of making sure things get done and the momentum continues. At Fun.com, that’s what our Project Managers do – they make stuff happen by making other people make stuff happen.
Keeping track of progress, updating stakeholders, keeping everything organized and ensuring deadlines are met are all primary duties of this department. But that’s not all! When things are done, it’s also up to our Quality Assurance team to ensure everything is as bug-free as possible and works like we need it to. By testing each new project to its breaking point, we can catch things before they become a problem to our customers.
Available Jobs in Project Delivery
The following positions are accepting résumés for immediate hire.
Fun.com, home of HalloweenCostumes.com, is looking for a hard-working individual with a keen eye for minuscule details! As a Quality Assurance intern, you will get great hands on experience seeing projects go all the way through the software development life cycle.
Fun.com makes all systems in house so the main mission of this position will be to validate the effectiveness of assigned new features and updates prior to release to ensure there is minimal risk per deployment. You will get a great introduction to the software development process, project planning process, automated testing, as well as learn new skills and techniques you will be able to use for years to come. You’ll have the chance to work with seasoned software developers and be able to see immediate results because of the work that you will be doing! By working in both our internal business systems, as well as our various ecommerce sites, the work you will be doing will have a major impact for all of Fun.com!
If you think you got what it takes to be a Quality Assurance Intern while efficiently dodging nerf gun bullets, apply today!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing new features prior to every code release
- Verify existing functionality of features continue to work properly through regression testing and exploratory testing
- Developing automated tests
- Monitor error logs
- Update existing process documentation
- Provide support for the Project Delivery & Software Development teams
- Pursuing a degree in computer science
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in researching, diagnosing, and troubleshooting issues
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time while shifting priorities
- Basic web technology background
- Acute focus and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic proficiency of browser development tools
- Basic proficiency of SharePoint and Microsoft Office
Wage - Depends on Qualifications